Saturday, November 22, 2008

One More Reason that I LOVE Harris Teeter

I am totally breaking up with Giant. They have been treating me bad for several years, and I am just over them. All their "fresh" stuff is just not fresh, and there are always long lines. Why did I stick with them for so long you ask - convenience and the "car" cart that Jackson loves to drive. As most of you know grocery shopping with a two year old is not always fun or easy.

Now, I am totally in to Harris Teeter. There are several reasons why I am loving Harris. First, they actually have fresh "fresh" stuff. Second, you can order your groceries on line and pick them up for a mere $4.95!!! What a GREAT idea. I can actually comparison shop at home (in my pjs if I want) and get exactly what I need. Then, I load up Jackson, pull up to the drive thru, push a button, and out comes my personal HT shopper to put my groceries in my car. Now if I could just get him to come home with me, unload the groceries, and put them in my cupboards, they would have me for life!! Third, they love kids. As soon as we walk in the door, they hand Jackson a cookie and a balloon - Jackpot! And a couple of the stores have those little grocery carts for kids. THIS has totally made my shopping easier. Jackson loves to "help" grocery shop. He ususally does pretty good, but I have come home with several things that weren't on my list. Oh well, I guess it is a small price to pay.

Jackson with his very own cart. The flag says "future Harris Teeter shopper."


His cart is already getting full, and we aren't even out of the produce section.


Heading to the check out line to pay.


Placing his merchandise on the belt.


Heading out to the car to load up.


Thank you Harris Teeter, and I think I just might be in love.

PS - Yes, these pictures are old. We are definitely not still in shorts around here. It is burrrrr cold outside.

3 comments:

Dee said...

This is absolutely the cutest thing that I have ever seen.. It reminds me of "Home Alone". He is just so all business and serious. I love the step by step photo tour. Give him "BIG" kisses and hugs from DeeDee and PaPa

K said...

A-DORABLE!! I totally forgot they have the little carts for kids. I haven't been to a HT since before Lilly was born. I will have to stop in just so she can try it out!

Elizabeth H. said...

I'm all about Harris Teeter.... we loved that place!!

There's a grocery store here that has little cars in front, but they're not just any car... it plays MOVIES inside! We have yet to try it out, as I cannot put both kids in and the basket's too small for Andrew's carseat... but hopefully one day soon! They play Dora, Barney and Calliou.