This was Jackson's third time down in Florida, and he had a blast! This is the first year that he actually loved the ocean. He had fun fighting the waves and hunting for shells.
Since this was Braden's first trip to the beach, we weren't sure how it would go. He loved being outside under the umbrella, but at first wasn't too sure of the ocean. I think the noise of the ocean scared him a bit, but by the end of the week he was a true beach bum!
We also spent time building in the sand.
Even these tiny feet got a little sandy.
One afternoon we even played a little baseball. Somehow I ended up on a team, and I was definitely feeling my age by the time we had to forfeit!
Since we haven't been able to go to the pool much this summer (because of Braden's helmet), it was fun just to swim! Jackson practiced his floating,
and Braden loved splashing around
and riding in his Mickey boat.
Well, he actually had a lot fun eating his Mickey boat also.
The boys had matching swimsuits on one day, and I was so excited to get a cute picture. This is the best one I got. Ummm . . . a big fail!
Braden and I took a nap every day which was glorious! Even though we were inside most of the day, the view was perfect!
All the time on the beach and swimming was fun, but the best part of the vacation was spending time with the family!
Especially with cousins Ya Ya and Ainslee,
Aunt Stacy and Uncle Bull, and
Emmy and Poppy!
The day we left Jackson was so sad and upset. He said he wanted to spend ten days at the beach not seven. We couldn't have agreed more with him!
3 comments:
What a wonderful vacation. It looks like so much fun was had by all. We absolutely love all of the pictures. There are so many good ones that we couldn't pick a favorite. HA!! Glad Jackson had such a good party with yummy "cake cakes". Braden's little smiley face is adorable. Can't wait to see you and get hugs. Love, PaPa and DeeDee
Your pictures are great! I absolutely love your new blog design. You have a very creative side to you, Stacy!
I am like Jackson and wish it was 10 days. Seven flew by too fast. I am so glad Jackson loved the ocean this year. Braden was a good boy too. He will be out there playing before we know it. Both Jackson and Braden are so precious to us. We don't get to see them enough! Love, Emmy
Post a Comment