Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Patching Pumpkins

Jackson was so excited to pick out his pumpkins this year. We went to the same church pumpkin sale that we always go to, but this year they had wagons. Jackson grabbed a wagon, and we set off to find the perfect pumpkins.

Picking out pumpkins is a very serious task. You must look, touch, and hold as many as you can to find one worthy enough for the wagon.


Jackson had to master the art of maneuvering a pumpkin filled wagon through the piles and piles of pumpkins. He finally got the hang of it . . . just yell for mom to help.


Mark took over camera duties, so me and my little guy stopped for a quick picture with our three pumpkins.


We waited until the day before Halloween to "patch" or carve our pumpkins. My parents were here, so Jackson talked Dee Dee into patching her own pumpkin.


The finished result. Dee Dee's pumpkin has triangle eyes and Jackson's has the square eyes. The one in the middle is the one he patched at preschool. The inside is the funniest part . . . I don't think one pumpkin seed was taken out. You can see the pumpkin gunk coming out of the eyes. They truly let him do all the work, and I absolutely love it!


As you can see from our front steps, we definitely were not lacking in the pumpkin department. I love fall, and every time I walked up the stairs it made my smile.


Happy Fall Y'all!

1 comment:

Dee said...

I learned so much "patching pumpkins" with Jackson. He knew just what to do. He designed all the faces and did lots of the work. Aren't they the cutest ever? Yes, I like the school one best also. He was so proud of it. Thank you, Jackson, for helping me do mine. Love you bunches, DeeDee