Friday, September 17, 2010

Back to Preschool

Jackson completed his first week back at preschool! He is now in the Block Room with several of his Pretend Room friends from last year. He was so excited to be back at school and will now be going four days a week.


Okay, Mom . . . Let's get inside so we can play!!


We visited his room last week and met his sweet teachers Mrs. Kathy and Mrs. Julie. We only stayed for thirty minutes, but he kept talking about how he wanted to play with the wooden signs first thing on Tuesday morning. As soon as he got there, he went straight for that box. When I left he had recruited a friend to help him design a small town.


When he gets home each day he is exhausted and has been hitting the sack at 6:30! So I know they are busy busy all day. However, it is like pulling teeth some days to find out what they did that day at school. But I did manage to get these highlights out of him:

- His buddy Ryan and him ran two races, and he won one of them.
- In the Block room you get to stand on a chair to hang monkeys from a piece of ribbon. He worked until he had monkeys touching the floor.
- His favorite song of the week was "Zip A Dee Doo Dah."
- He had crackers and water for a snack. He passed on the bananas - surprise surprise!
- He is now Jackson the Jigsaw puzzle.
- He talked to Missi and Lois (his teacher from last year) and told them about the big storm we had at our house.
- On our way to the car on Friday, he invited two of his friends over to his house for a playdate - my little social butterfly!

We are excited about a fun year ahead of us.

3 comments:

Dee said...

Gosh, I can't believe how he is growing. I love that sweet smile, and I am so glad that he likes school so much. We are so very proud of our little Jack the Jigsaw Puzzle. Give him hugs. Love, PaPa and DeeDee

Anonymous said...

Jackson is getting so big! I think he has grown since you were here! I am glad he likes preschool. Love Emmy

Sunny said...

Ohhh, Stacy, he is getting to be such a big boy! I almost shed a tear thinking of how he has grown over the past 4 years--and especially over the past year!! Love that little guy!