Saturday, March 13, 2010

One Little Monkey Jumping on the Bed

Last Monday we spent several hours in the ER, and Jackson came home with 10-12 stitches. Or maybe more, I didn't ask. This is what my sweet boy looks like now:

So here is the story. Jackson loves to dive into the pillows on his bed and on our bed. We have warned him not to do this time and time again. He has gotten put in time out and even gotten spankings for acting like one of those monkeys jumping on the bed. I think NOW he has finally learned his lesson! You ask him about jumping on the bed, and he says, "I am never going to jump on the bed again." Only time will tell.

Back to the story - A friend and I were finishing up lunch and the kiddos were upstairs playing when all of a sudden I hear Jackson crying and screaming. I knew exactly what had happened before I ran upstairs, but I was not expecting to see what I did. Jackson was standing on the bed with his hand on his head with blood everywhere. And this is where I learned that I am not good under pressure when there is blood involved. I scoop him up and ran to the bathroom to put toliet paper on the cut. Seriously, toliet paper? I then decide to run downstairs to get a towel. My friend, Sunny, was smart enough to get a towel out of the hall closet upstairs that I had walked right by. She then suggested that we head to the ER, because it looks like he is going to need stitches.

Now here is where it gets comical. Sunny has three kiddos of her own, so we are trying to round up and get all four children in the car. I pass Jackson (who is still screaming and bleeding) off to Sunny, so I can go grab my shoes upstairs. As I am coming back downstairs I spot Hudson (who is 4 months old) laying in Jackson's room. I pick him up thinking that we are going to need to take him with us. Somehow Sunny gets all of her kids in the car while I lock up the house and grab a seat in the back while holding Jackson (who is still screaming and bleeding). Keys to the car are no where to be found. Sunny goes back in the house and finds the keys, and off we go. Half way there I look down to find that I forgot to bring Jackson's shoes. Oops!

We finally arrive at the hospital, and I head back to a room with Jackson (who is still screaming but the bleeding has finally stopped). The doctors wrap him up like a burrito, numb the cut, wash it, and then stitch him up all while Jackson is screaming, "I am hot! I want out of here! I want to snuggle you mom." Thirty minutes later we are done! While I am paying Jackson is as good as new running circles around my legs asking a million questions.

Since we had been dropped off at the hospital, we had to wait to be picked up. Jackson was thirsty and hungry, so I dug down deep in my purse to finally come up with the $1.25 in coins that we needed for a Sprite. The first machine was out of order, so we went on a Sprite hunt throughout the hospital. He thought this was such a fun adventure. This is the only part of the day that Jackson told his daddy about when he saw him.

Almost a week later and we are band-aid free. Jackson was not happy about giving up his "special power" band-aids. His stitches haven't all dissolved yet, and there are still traces of the glue. But all in all, I think we survived our first major trauma. Hopefully there won't be too many more that follow.

6 comments:

Kelly Sheers said...

what about jumping on the couch?! hee hee
Kelly and Caden

Kelly Sheers said...

that posted too quick! Sorry Jackson for your boo boo. Glad you're okay.

Elizabeth H. said...

Poor guy!!! I'm glad he's feeling better now!

What a day!!

Anonymous said...

I had the cut pictured vertically and not horizontally. I am glad Jackson is better. I was so worried about him. I was fortunate that Mark's first bad injury was in high school when he cut his foot on a rusty ladder in the dirty lake. Of course, he had to take penicillin to keep from getting a serious infection, so that was bad, too. Unfortunately I was on my way back from Europe and not even there that day. I hope this is the first and last of Jackson's stitches and injuries! Love Emmy

Dee said...

OH!! Bless my little boy! I can't believe how angry it looks. Luckily it seems to run right along his eyebrow. PaPa says the girls will love it, Jackson. The chaos that went with it is hillarious however. Sunny is such a sweetie. Glad she was there. Give him hugs. Love, PaPa and DeeDee

Unknown said...

Hey Aunt Stacy! Poor baby!!! tell him YaYa says hi and hopes he fells better!!!! Luv you, Olivia (YaYa) :)