So all of our suspicions came true. The scratch test revealed he is VERY allergic to peanuts as well as most tree nuts - cashews, hazelnuts, pistachios, and walnuts. As for eggs, it is just eggs in a concentrated form like a plate of scrambled eggs. Cookies, brownies, etc. are all okay. The last one is cats which we never plan on having pets anyway so no big deal. Neither Mark nor I nor our families have any history of food allergies, so I have no idea where this is coming from.It looks like from here on out, I am now one of those moms with an epi-pen and bendadryl on me at all times!!
For the past year, we have always told Jackson that peanuts will make him sick, so he is already used to it. He will ask, "Mommy, will this make me sick?"
I can't believe my sweet boy will never get to enjoy a Reece's peanut butter cup or a PB&J!
3 comments:
Bless our little Jackson. Maybe some day he will outgrow those mean old allergies. Love, DeeDee
Oh no! Mocha is very sad!! Hopefully he will outgrow is nut allergy!
Post a Comment