We got back from our family vacation about two weeks ago, and it seems like life has been hectic ever since! Anyway, we had a great time relaxing (wait can you actually do that with a two year old on vacation?) on the beaches of the OBX. I can finally use the slang term now that I have been there, right?? We went with another couple who don't have kids. I know what you are thinking - who actually wants to go on vacation with a two year if you don't have to???? Well, let me introduce to you Meg and Derek Karchner. They are the best travel buddies. After spending a full week with us, Jackson is still asking for Deek and Mag. Deek loves to build sand castles and Mag introduced Jackson to popcorn. What more could you ask for!?! And of course, the adults had a blast too after the lil boy went down for ni night. Needless to say, I think we all hope that it becomes a summer tradition!
Here was our view from our balcony. Oh how I long to go back . . .

Jackson's favorite beach time activity was to get someone to build him a sandcastle so he could stomp it down.

Jackson hard at work collecting more sand for those castles.

Jackson's other favorite activity was playing with the beach shower. But I did not get a picture of his all time favorite activity which was the "evator" (going up and down in the elevator).

Applying chapstick - "I am a safety boy!"

Even Jackson enjoyed Prime Time!

Uncle Deek, Aunt Mag, Jackson, Daddy and Momma (not one comment on the bathing suit shot, or else . . . . )

Enough said . . . .
3 comments:
Glad you guys had fun!! The last picture of Jackson laying in the sand is PRECIOUS!!! Definitely frame-able! Now I want to go to the beach!
It looks like you all had a great time, and Jackson really got into the beach again.
What a wonderful trip and great pictures. Such good friends and sunny weather. I can tell (lil boy) had some fun in the sand and the sand castles were definitely an endangered species. I like all of the pictures, but the last one is something very special. Give Jackson kisses and hugs from PaPa and DeeDee
Post a Comment